Monday, March 30, 2009

High Tech to Low Tech

I make full use of any high tech tool I can get my hands on if it will enable me to get to the painting part sooner. After drawing the bare bones sketches, I drew the other items separately...the benches, people, trees, cars, signage.....and then scanned everything. That way I could plug them into the drawing, moving things around and resizing until the overall scene met my approval. Photoshop is my best friend!

Another thing, this scene is going to be during spring, with the cherry blossoms in bloom. I searched the internet to find cherry trees.

If you come to the library during May and June, there will be a slide show explaining the entire process, displaying the reference photos and all of the steps taken from start to finish. Also my drawings and sketches and any other "work product" items will be on display. And 3 days a week during May I will be there painting and will be available to answer any questions about the process. I'll be located in the front part of the library, near the main entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment