Friday, May 15, 2009

Artist in Residence - Days 4, 5, and 6

My original concern that the painting was going to fast is no longer a concern. As usual the tiny details do take the longest time to complete. I guess I forgot that. Every bit of the painting is being done in the library, none at home. Here are pictures from this week's painting.





Next week I plan to add at least another vehicle and maybe a couple more people, maybe even some you will all recognize!!!!

I'm certainly enjoying the "local color" at the library.....I have found that people do indeed like to come over and chat, some even pull up a chair and stay a while. About half of the time we talk about the painting, the project and the process, other times its about almost anything at all. I love the fact that some people bring me their own works to see too. And of course, I cannot say enough about the library staff, how everyone has made it a point to make me feel welcome. This is really fun.

A very nice article about this project appeared in this week's Weekly Advocate...front page, with a picture! My 15 minutes of fame. Thank you to Judi Fairweather for a great story. Take a look... http://www.advocateweekly.com/ci_12361922.

No comments:

Post a Comment